The school consulted with parents in the Autumn Term of 2020 about home learning.
The following was agreed as the weekly expectation:
- Reading at least three times a week and recording this in the reading record (on the left hand page)
- Rehearsing the phonics sounds on the flashcards your child comes home with (note that this is not applicable to all children)
- Rehearsing spellings (when children are ready to have spellings)– please keep the file in your child’s book bag, we will give them a new sheet each week and you will be able to see their scores in the weekly spelling test.
- Times tables practice (from Y2 up). To help with this you have a Times Tables Rock Stars account.
- Specific learning for individuals who need to 'catch up' following work in class.
In September 2021, the school invested in Century Learning to support the blended learning offer. This programme gives specific learning based on the needs of pupils, as identified through artificial intelligence. This programme is for English, Maths and Science for KS2 pupils. We encourage pupils to access this to support their work in school and may request individuals complete specific nuggets to aid their learning.
The school sends home RKE sheets to enable families to support pupils with their learning in Science, History, Geography nard RE. These sheets provide key information that pupils should learn and as such provide great conversations at home and ideas for topic work that can be done to aid school learning.
Log into your accounts here:
Accelerated Reader - https://ukhosted111.renlearn.co.uk/6708229/Public/RPM/Login/Login.aspx?srcID=s
Times Tables Rock Stars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
Spelling Shed - https://www.edshed.com/en-us/Login
Century Learning - https://app.century.tech/login/?
In the right-hand tabs, you will find an archive of the weekly challenges which were set by different members of staff during the lockdown period, messages from our team and weekly assemblies that you may wish to explore as optional learning at home.
This was good fun during our time away from school so why not look back to see which challenges and activities you haven't completed or want to try again.