Owls Home Learning
To help your child at home, you are asked to complete home learning each week:
- Reading at least three times a week and recording this in the reading record (on the left hand page – see the attached example)
- Rehearsing the phonics sounds on the flashcards your child comes home with (note that this is not applicable to all children)
- Rehearsing spellings – please keep the file in your child’s book bag, we will give them a new sheet each Wednesday and you will be able to see their scores in the weekly spelling test.
- Times tables practice. To help with this you have a Times Tables Rock Stars account. In year 2 we expect all children to achieve 2, 5 and 10 x tables and the associated division facts
- Check our the RKEs below for Geography this half term with the children focusing on the 'Big Question'....'Why don't we need hurricane shelters in Fernhurst?'