Owls Home Learning
To help your child at home, you are asked to complete home learning each week:
- Reading at least three times a week and recording this on Boom Reader: https://go-read.co.uk/
- If your child has finished phonics books then they will be on Accelerated Reader books.
- Once a book has been finished, each child needs to take the opportunity to complete a quiz about it.
Follow this link to complete a quiz: https://global-zone61.renaissance-go.com/welcomeportal/1954439
- Rehearsing spellings – please keep the yellow file in your child’s book bag, we will give them a new sheet each Monday and you will be able to see their scores in the weekly spelling test. There are ideas on the back of the sheet to help you to learn the spellings.
- For Maths, please make use of the the 1-minute maths apps. It is made by White Rose, the same company who provide the maths scheme we use in school and in the other schools in our trust. The activities are aimed at Key Stage 1 pupils (ie, age 5-6 years). Individual one-minute tasks focus on adding and subtracting – and on ‘Subitising’, the skill of instantly recognising the number of items in a group without counting. Multiplication and division topics are also now available!
- We also have a number of White Rose Home Learning Packs below to choose from. If you would like a copy printed off, please ask.
- For times table practice please use https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button and select the times table your child is working on. In Year 2 the national expectation is for children to be fluent in 2, 5 and 10 multiplication and division facts and to be able to count in 3s.